Cold Heading Co.
Sets up and operates single and/or multiple cold heading machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Setup and operate a variety of cold heading machines to produce quality products of any complexity
- Plan and perform close tolerance setups with little or no assistance
- Setup repetitive jobs requiring close tolerance
- Select feeds, speeds, cams, tooling, etc. for most economical production rate of the machine
- Use scales, micrometers, dial indicators and fixed gages to check and gage work
- Adapt or modify tooling to meet gage work
- Lubricate and make adjustments or repairs to maintain equipment
- Acid etch samples from machine using microscope to check for non-conformance
- Starts machine, observes operation, and inspects first run and sample work piece to ensure machining conforms to specifications
- Review the work and assist other operators as necessary to ensure proper work instructions and quality procedures are being followed
- Work with engineering and/or maintenance to resolve specific machine, tooling, setup problems that may arise