Sets up and operates single and/or multiple cold heading machines
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup and operate a variety of cold heading machines to produce quality products of any complexity
- Plan and perform close tolerance setups with little or no assistance
- Setup repetitive jobs requiring close tolerance
- Select feeds, speeds, cams, tooling, etc. for most economical production rate of the machine
- Use scales, micrometers, dial indicators and fixed gages to check and gage work
- Adapt or modify tooling to meet gage work
- Lubricate and make adjustments or repairs to maintain equipment
- Acid etch samples from machine using microscope to check for non-conformance
- Starts machine, observes operation, and inspects first run and sample work piece to ensure machining conforms to specifications
- Review the work and assist other operators as necessary to ensure proper work instructions and quality procedures are being followed
- Work with engineering and/or maintenance to resolve specific machine, tooling, setup problems that may arise
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Must have the ability to perform all essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations
Cold Heading Company is known for our footprint of strength, success and longevity in the automotive industry. Since 1912, one year before Henry Ford installed the first moving assembly lines in his Highland Park, Michigan plant, the Cold Heading Company has been a trusted source for cold-formed fasteners. From the earliest mass-produced automobiles to the most modern powertrain, braking, assembly, and safety system applications; our brand is a recognized fixture of international manufacturing.
Our employees enjoy Competitive Salary opportunities, Bonus Opportunities, Medical Dental and Prescription benefits, Company Paid Life Insurance, Voluntary Employee, Spouse and Child Life Insurance, and 401(k) with company matching.